I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.
I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy, or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have housework or I can feel honored because God has provided shelter for my mind, body, and soul.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
Have a great day...unless you have other plans.
TOP 20 STRESS REDUCERS
20. Pray and don't wait until its time to go to bed to do so.
19. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
18. Go to bed on time.
17. Say NO to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
16. Delegate tasks to capable others.
15. Simplify and unclutter your life.
14. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.
13. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
12. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
10. KMS (Keep Mouth Shut) This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
9. Do something for the kid in you everyday.
8. Get organized so everything has its place.
7. Everyday, find time to be alown.
5. Laugh some more.
4. Take your work seriously, but yourself, not at all.
3. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can). Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
2. Slow down, talk less,listen more.
1. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.